Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Type: Undergraduate and postgraduate
Value of Award: The WIPO benefits to winners include,
- Scholarship spots on WIPO’s Advanced International Certificate Course on IP Management
- WIPO Summer School in South Africa and Nigeria
- WIPO Certificates of Achievement, scholarships to undertake any of the WIPO Distance Learning courses, and scholarship spots on the Africa Regional edition of the Young Innovation Leaders Fellowship.
- Additionally, the top three essays will be submitted to WIPO for possible publication in the WIPO Magazine.
Eligibility: The WIPO competition is open to all registered students, including undergraduate and postgraduate students from recognized tertiary institutions in Nigeria, such as universities, colleges of education, polytechnics, and professional or vocational institutions.
How to Apply:
- Participants can submit their entries for the WIPO competition via email.
- The essay should be written in English, not exceeding 1,500 words (excluding bibliography and references), prepared in font 12 Arial (Black), double-spaced, and pages numbered.
- Entries should be submitted in both Word and pdf format, and must not include any pictures or other graphical illustrations.
- Entries must not indicate the author’s identity or affiliation. AI-generated works are not eligible for submission, and plagiarism will result in disqualification.
All entries should be made to: [email protected], with the subject title of the email initial.surname_WIPD23 Essay Competition (for example, G.Nduka_WIPD23 Essay Competition).